Franke ORX110 31 Inch 'Orca Series' Undermount Single Bowl Sink, Stainless Steel
The great stainless sink. Large and deep with a new sophistication, the Franke Orca features size and workability with a softer aesthetic. Rimmed with the unique Franke accessory shelf, and finished with the sparkle that only fine workmanship and the highest quality stainless imparts.The Franke Orca Stainless Steel Single Bowl Sink proves that functional design and elegant looks go together. The attractive sink is made of 18 gauge 18/10 chromium/nickel stainless steel, and is designed to be mounted underneath a counter top, making the sink the ideal companion to a decorative natural stone or granite counter. The Franke shine and flawless finish have never been duplicated. Sinks are heavy 18 gauge stainless with the industry's highest percentages of chromium (18%) and nickel (10%) for a deep rich glow and corrosion resistance. A lifetime investment that improves with use like fine sterling silver. Orca features size and workability with a softer aesthetic. Rimmed with the unique Franke accessory shelf, and finished with the sparkle that only fine workmanship and the highest quality stainless imparts. Also available in topmount (ORX610).
- Orca features size and workability with a softer aesthetic
- Rimmed with unique accessory shelf
- Finished with the sparkle that only fine workmanship and the highest quality stainless imparts
- Base Cabinet Required: 33"
- Undermount Installation
- Spec. Sheet * Download *
- Minimum Cabinet Size: 33
- Interior Dimensions:: 29 7/16 x 18 15/16 x 9 1/16
- Exterior Dimensions:: 30 11/16 x 20 1/16 x 9 1/16
- Overall Width: 30 11/16"
- Overall Height: 20 1/16"
- Overall Depth: 9 1/16"
- Bowl Width: 29 7/16"
- Base Cabinet Required: 33"
- Stainless Steel Bottom Grid None Coated (OC-36S)
- Stainless Steel Bottom Grid Coated (OC-36C)
- Stainless Steel Shelf Grid None Coated (OC-31S-LH) - Left side of the sink.
- Stainless Steel Shelf Grid Coated (OC-31C-LH) - Left side of the sink
- Stainless Steel Shelf Grid None Coated (OC-31S-RH) - Right side of the sink.
- Stainless Steel Shelf Grid Coated (OC-31C-RH) - Right side of the sink
- Solid Wood Cutting Board with Polished Stainless Steel Colander (OC-45SP) - Left side of the sink
- Drain Tray in Stainess Steel (OC-60S) - Right side of the sink
ORX-110 / ORX110 / Franke Orca ORX110
Grade of Franke Stainless Steel:
The three most common grades available in stainless steel sheet metal are: 304, 316 and 410. Grade 304 is made up of at least 8%
nickel (Franke’s contains 10%). It is the most frequently used of the three grades, valued for its ability to provide corrosion resistance
and to maintain the capacity of the sheet metal to be bent, welded, stamped and/or drawn. Franke relies on these properties to
achieve the elegance and detail of its designs.
Sheet metal can be purchased pre-polished. There is a reason Franke never does so for its deep drawn sinks. While it could reduce costs in the manufacturing process, the Franke difference is a finish best achieved in the post-manufacture process. A Franke sink’s silky luster comes from machine and hand-finishing operations that enable the sink to keep its beauty over its long life. Many feel that the look of a Franke hand-finished sink actually improves with age. And Franke’s luxurious and desireable ultra satin surface makes our stainless steel easier to clean. It is also an important sanitary feature. The smooth surface obtained by our manufacturing and polishing methods ensures better corrosion resistance.
What Puts The “Luxury” In Franke Luxury Stainless Steel:
Why It Makes A Better SinkSeventy percent of sinks are made of stainless steel. As the world’s largest purchaser of stainless steel, Franke has its choice of the best raw materials. But that is only the beginning of the evolution from fine to Franke. By lavishing this material with cost, care and craftsmanship, Franke creates a stainless steel that is “uncommon.” Let us tell you about the choices, the processes and
the skills that Franke invests to raise its stainless steel systems to the quality, beauty and longevity its discerning customers deserve
The “Why” of Stainless Steel:
The reasons almost 70% of all sinks are stainless steel:
- Does not alter the essence and flavor of food
- Surface is easy to clean
- Requires very little upkeep
- 100% recyclable, making it right for today’s environmentally conscious world
- Resists corrosion and has hygienic and aseptic properties
- Does not require the labor-intensive application of an added surface treatment
The “What” of Stainless Steel:
Stainless steel is an alloy of iron, chromium and nickel, generated to create advantages that individual pure metals do not offer. So
it’s a whole greater than the sum of its parts. The name refers to the rust resistant properties of the metal which is “stain-less”, but
These are its ingredients:
- Austenite is a nonmagnetic solid solution of carbon in iron, used in making corrosion-resistant steel of the kind used for making cutlery, hospital and food-service equipment, and tableware.
- Chromium (Cr) is a hard, malleable, glossy, gray chemical element with no odor or taste, used in alloys to give them corrosion resistance and a glistening look. It is most responsible for the corrosion resistance of stainless steel.
- Nickel (Ni) is a hard, ductile, silvery-white chemical element, a high-luster metal with a high level of corrosion resistance.
- Passivation Layer -- When stainless steel contains a sufficient amount of chromium, a hard, invisible, virtually impenetrable filmof chromium oxide forms on the surface. Although only a few atoms thick, this prevents further surface corrosion when thestainless steel is exposed to corrosive materials and prevents any corrosion from spreading into the metal's internal structure.By definition, stainless steel resists corrosion, the gradual degradation of a metal or alloy especially by oxidation orchemical reaction. (Gold, platinum and palladium are the only metals not subject to corrosion.) But the level of corrosion resistance varies, based on factors in manufacturing:
- Chemical composition of the metal
- Temperature and temperature variations
- Oxygen content and exposure to oxygen
Even slight variations in chemical compositions result in widevariation in quality. In other words, NOT ALL STAINLESS STEEL IS CREATED EQUAL. There are several different types and many different grades of stainless steel, so to deserve its “luxury” designation, Franke insists on creating and maintaining “differences that make a difference to you.”
Gauge of Franke Stainless Steel:
“Gauge” describes the thickness of the sheet of stainless steel on a scale from 8 to 30, the lower the number, the thicker the sheet of
stainless steel. Gauge is a significant factor because a heavier gauge can help prevent denting and bowing. It also contributes to noise
reduction from garbage disposals and items making contact with the sink. That doesn’t mean though that thicker is always better.
For instance, the thicker the gauge the more difficult, at times impossible, it is to “deep draw”, or craft from a single sheet to
reduce welding marks, during manufacturing. So, Franke carefully selects the proper gauge, best fitted to the manufacturing processes.
- Franke full-size deep drawn sinks are 16 or 18 gauge
- Franke full-size hand fabricated sinks are 16 gauge
- Franke’s smaller accessory bowls are 18 or 20 gauge
Since 1911 Franke has produced and delivered over 50 million sinks worldwide. The Kitchen Systems division of Franke has transformed the kitchen sink into a versatile kitchen center; practical, functional, and ergonomic with aesthetic allure and long-lasting materials. Franke is the world's largest stainless steel sink manufacturer. Franke products have higher nickel contents in their sinks making them more rust proof and are insulated underneath making them the quietest sink. When you're looking for quality, Franke Stainless steel sinks and Franke faucets will help you find it.
- Rayne Mirrors V039M 29.5 x 35.5 Inch French Victorian White Wall Mirror
- Schlage Residential F40GEOWKF F Series Georgian with Wakefield Rose Privacy Door Locks
- Grohe 27950000 Vitalio Start 100 II Handshower Set 5,7L
- Dowell USA 000 1915B Topmount 18 Inch Ceramic Bathroom Sink
- Alfi Brand GR505 Stainless Steel Sink Grid for AB505 & AB506
- BellaTerra Home 804366-MIRROR 23.6 Inch Mirror-Walnut-Wood
- Duravit 2F998600000 2nd Floor 39-3/8 Inch Towel Rail Under Trim 6408, Variable Consoles
- American Imaginations AI-11-663 21 x 18 Inch Ceramic Top In White Color For 8-in. o.c. Faucet
- Houzer HW-ELI2EF Hammerwerks 21 Inch Elllipse Lavatory Sink Flat Lip
A vast open expanse for your rinsing and washing pleasure. Coming from a double-bowl this sink has truly made our lives easier by comparison. Not having a divider in the middle makes the sink so much larger and easier and more useful. It is so easy to clean even the largest of pots and pans, or you can just put them aside for soaking until later and still have space to work. The sink it also very nice looking with the soft curves.
We couldn't be happier with this purchase, I am giving it 5 stars, but if there were a value category this sink would score low in that category since it is pricey. But you honestly do get what you pay for here, quality is tops, steel is thick, and it has extra pad and spray coating that quiet it down. It's as quiet as any cast iron sink. Accessories are pricey as well and bottom rack is well worth the extra money since it saves the sink from scratches and adds to the functionality.
My family and I just completed a complete kitchen renovation and I got some great new things, but I have to say that this sink may be my favorite (as well as my husband and son's). It's deep, but not too deep. It's very roomy and stylish. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a larger stainless steel sink. I can fit large pans in it, multiple plates, glasses, etc. I can even polish large silver items in it.
We use to have the double bowl set up. The bowls were to small for washing sheet pans and big pots. We fell for the Franke Orca sink. It is large one bowl but has a shelf on the right that allows for stacking of clean dishes. I also usually put a drop of soap in item to be washed - wash and rinse, stack to right, or wash stack and rinse with sprayer. Believe me this sink is a dream, I can fit anything in it to wash easily. - post by cjc123 on gardenweb.com
Franke OC-36S Stainless Steel Bottom Grid
Franke OC-31S-LH Stainless Steel Shelf Grid
Franke OC-31S-RH Stainless Steel Shelf Grid
Franke OC-31C-LH Orca Coated Stainless Steel Shelf Grid Left
Franke OC-31C-RH Orca Coated Stainless Steel Shelf Grid Right
Franke OC-45SP Orca Solid Wood Cutting Board with Polished Stainless Steel Colander
Franke OC-60S Orca Series Drain Tray in Stainess Steel
Franke 906SN Strainer Basket Unit, fits 3-1/2" waste opening in Satin Nickel
Franke 903 Inox Stainless Steel Sink Cleaning Cream 8.5 oz Tube
Ukinox DX760 30 Inch Undermount Single Bowl Sink